I got sick of how the main Windows 8 visual style looks so different (and crap) compared to Microsoft's own Office 2013 and Visual Studio applications, so here's my feeble effort at reconciling the difference.
Basically it's the retina-destroying white of Office 2013 with some of Visual Studio's ideas thrown in.
- Windows 8.1 support added
- Altered taskbar
- Shadow colour for active windows reverted from blue to black
- Happy new year!
- Scroll bars now look the way I wanted them to originally
- Caption glyphs have been changed very slightly (lighter)
- License/legal info is included in the zip.
- Added a dash of colour to the default wallpaper.
- Unfocused windows now have shadows like Visual Studio does.
- Fixed the taskbar problem, hopefully.
- Tucked the folder band away from Explorer - disable the ribbon using www.winmatrix.com/forums/index… (it works for RTM as well as CP)
1) Go to www.uxstyle.com/ if you're on 64 bit or www.syssel.net/hoefs/software_… if you're on 32 bit and patch your uxstyle dll. Restart your computer if need be.
2) Download this style and extract it to %WINDIR%ResourcesThemes
3) Right click your desktop, go to 'Properties' and select 'TwentyThirteen' as your theme.
4) Eat ice cream (optional).
As of 1.03, this theme is licensed under the WTFPL - See the included License.txt in the zip file.